Kampala: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to keep schools closed and millions of learners home, Ultimate Multimedia Consult (UMC) has launched online classes for learners from primary one to senior six to study and be assessed based on the Uganda curriculum. The digital teaching and learning service is available on Yaaka Digital Network (YDN) www.yaaka.cc, a product of UMC.
Edward Tumwine, the Product Manager of YDN says, starting September 1st 2020, learners can access the prepared learning content for any class year, do assignments, attend live classes, tests and end of class exams.
“We have trained professional teachers in digital learning facilitation and developed learning content in text, videos, audio, graphics and animations to best aid learning and comprehension,” says Tumwine. He says since 2014 they have been working on YDN, a multi-award winning learning and training platform offering online and offline academic material input, access and interactions.
Jane Ndibarekera Bukenya, the Operations Manager of UMC says learners can subscribe for any class at https://www.yaaka.cc/subscribe-to-learn/ for 500,000 Uganda shillings per class year. “Upon subscription, learners will access the academic content at any time and study at their own pace” says Ndibarekera.
Emma Kisa Namwanje, the Online Learning Coordinator at YDN says in addition to great content following the Uganda curriculum, flexible learning (self-paced) and individual attention to learners by professional teachers at YDN, anyone has a chance to earn 10% commission on every learner they bring to study on YDN. “We welcome learners, teachers and schools to use the platform to offer and access world class learning anytime, anywhere and earn,” she says.
“We have been working hard to make functional digital learning and teaching a reality. You can count on a great team of teachers, content developers and our partnerships with several stakeholders in government, civil society and the private sector,” says Gerald Businge, the Team Leader of UMC.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak that saw many schools closed, the government of Uganda and education partners have been supporting the distribution of content in printed packages, TV and radio lessons to ensure learners keep engaged. Many schools have also set up online classes on meeting apps like Zoom, Google Meet, Webex, as well as content on their websites. The government recently announced plans to buy 10,000 radio sets and provide tablet computers to learners.
Research done by Konrad Adenauer Stiftung on the impact of COVID-19 on Uganda’s Education System stated “Innovative and distance approach to education is synonymous to learning ‘using’ technologies in the 21st century. Learning technologies… appear to offer an answer to not only enabling learning to continue where education has been disrupted but also to offer opportunities for overcoming geographical access and rigidities of conventional education.”
Dated at Kampala this Wednesday 9th Day of September 2020. For Details contact Jane (0700532525, 0781630351, Edward 0785961809, 0701895470) email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org, www.yaaka.cc/faqs NOTE: See press kit below with relevant details about Yaaka DN, photos, videos and audios you can use.
About Yaaka DN
Yaaka Digital Network www.yaaka.cc, is an award winning learning and training platform offering online and offline learning materials input and access, interactions as well a set of tools for digitalising teaching and learning. Yaaka DN is a unique 5 in 1 product that consists of
- The web app yaaka.ccwhere trainers and learners can signup for accounts to input and access learning materials in text, pictures, audio, video and graphics at their convenience on any gadget that can access the internet and a web browser. It is built as a market place of learning materials and a social network for learning with interactive features for groups, discussion forums, friendship, selling of courses, metered learning, quizzes, assignments, content drip feed, online and off line courses, live classes etc
- The Yaaka offline app: which enables people to access yaaka.ccas an offline app on their gadget so one can learn anytime anywhere without needing access to the internet. We can install (at a fee) Yaaka offline on any computer, phone or tablet of sizable memory (60GB, 4GB RAM).
- The Yaaka tablet computer https://www.yaaka.cc/product/yaaka-tablet-with-uganda-syllabus-apps/which comes with yaaka.cc pre-installed. People who purchase the Yaaka Tablet Computer can learn offline for free and go online when they need to.
- Yaaka Plus for Institutions where we deliver a networked Yaaka installation for a fee to an education institution- which networked Yaaka can be accessed by any number of learners and trainers connected to the same LAN or wireless network at any campus/ learning venue(not needing internet). We can optionally provide low cost branded tablets for schools ($100) who want learners and trainers to access learning and teaching at a central location at the institution on digital gadgets as well as on an online (off internet) platform.
- The mobile app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yaakadnapp.app
|Product Name & Domain||Yaaka Digital Network (www.yaaka.cc )|
|Date Launched||April 2015|
+256770 730 170 Or +256 709 716 945
Yaaka Digital Network is a product of Ultimate Multi-Media Consult that was developed in 2015. It comprises of 15 core staff, and teachers who have over this 5 year period, developed, optimized and provided access and input of academic material online and offline. We rank among the top most visited sites in Uganda https://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/UG and have over 35,000 registered students.
36,176 registered students Pre-Primary To University Level Courses
Yaaka Digital Network Photos, Audios and Videos
Press Story Links
Yaaka Digital Network, Making Uganda’s education and curriculum a click away. https://www.campustimesug.com/unveiling-yaaka-digital-learning-network-making-ugandas-education-curriculum-a-click-away/
Yaaka Digital Network emerges as Africa Prized runner up. https://jocom.mak.ac.ug/news/yaaka-digital-learning-platform-emerges-africa-prize-runner
Royal Academy Of Engineering. https://www.raeng.org.uk/global/sustainable-development/africa-prize/news-and-updates/12
COVID-19- Study from home with these Uganda e-learning platforms https://www.dignited.com/59456/ugandan-elearning-platforms-study-from-home/
Top 22 useful Educational websites for Ugandan students https://ictguy.com/best-educational-websites-uganda/
List of e-learning platforms for Ugandan students https://www.hiretheyouth.org/ugandan-e-learning-platforms/
Uganda’s Education system not prepared for Digital Learning tide https://www.independent.co.ug/ugandas-education-system-not-prepared-for-digital-learning-tide/
Media Interviews- New App In Uganda Bridges the gap between rural and urban learning- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2A2_l9OsCg
Digitalizing Learning In Uganda- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKP_so49-N0
Digital Pedagogy and FAWE e-learning platform training- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la3Kwqw3vdc&t=283s
Tel Number- +25678595569/+256705216595